Services for Homeowner Associations
Presentations for Homeowner Associations
We are available for presentations and discussions regarding the appraisal process, the appeal and protest process, how taxes are calculated and accessed, steps taxpayers can take to ensure their appraised values are fair and equitable, and other topics of interest to homeowner groups. If your homeowner group would like us to participate in group discussions or meetings, please give us a call.
Special Situations Related to Recent Purchases
Unusually Low Sales Price
- Often based on problems, depreciation, etc.
- Appraisal District will set the first year at Purchase Price, then often raise the value the second year.
- Often based on problems, depreciation, etc. DCAD will set first year at Purchase Price, then often raises the value the second year.
- NTPTS can often assist in keeping the value lowered for several years. NTPTS can often get the value lowered for several years.
Premium Sales Price
- The Appraisal District will often set the value at the purchase price but not raise other values in the neighborhood, which leads to an Unequal Appraisal compared to similar properties (neighbors).
- NTPTS has extensive experience in protesting based on this Unequal Appraisal, known as a Fair and Equal protest. This is the absolute hardest protest to win, but we have been successful in many cases.